ARES LLC is committed to managing your property the way we manage our own portfolio. As developers, owners and managers of over 1 million square feet of real estate we are keenly aware of the interactions that affect the value and longevity of assets. To that end, we believe the most critical aspect in managing a building is to evaluate the owner’s objectives.
When awarded a new property to manage, we focus on our philosophy of maximizing the property’s long term asset value – Net operating Income; which is the single most powerful matrix of assessing the performance of commercial real estate holdings. The steps involved in this initial plan of action include the following:
- Interview the owner(s) to determine specific goals and objectives.
- Determine staff requirements and appropriate individuals.
- Complete a thorough inspection of the property utilizing our extensive property take-over list. This also includes assessment of the building’s life cycle profile.
- Develop a detailed operating plan and budget for the property.
- Interview tenants to discover areas of opportunity and to maximize satisfaction.
- Analyze areas to increase NOI by:
- Utilizing our national purchasing contracts and vendor relationships
- Review possible areas of additional income production
- Bid out contracts to procure the lowest cost but best quality service available
- Procure rebates from Excel Energy if applicable
- Ensure all mechanical equipment is working at its optimal to maximize energy conservation
Part of our commitment to ongoing maintenance consists of a web based work order system called TSR - Tenant Services Request, a proprietary program developed by ARES to serve our tenant’s and client’s needs. This system is easy to use and instantly notifies the property management staff of items needing attention. The priority of each item is conveyed so we can address the issues in real time.
Successful management operations at any building are the results from having the right individuals in place from the beginning. Our senior in-house property management staff has over 60 years of combined property management experience and are experts at value enhancement, tenant retention, and strategic planning. They are degreed and uniquely skilled in all facets of property management including property and project management, development, brokerage and asset management.
Our two property management senior staff members are introduced below: